When Abby and Isaac walked into my room, this is the basket they saw:
Their reactions were hilarious. They both got huge grins in on their faces, instantly grew super quiet and Isaac said, in his most astonished voice: "Is dat Baby Sorwen?" They couldn't take their eyes off him and instantly began introducing themselves. "Hi Baby Sorwen, I'm youwr big brwother." It was darling! 


Thank you Easter Bunny!
After a brief photo shoot, we said an emotional goodbye to the wonderful doctors, nurses, and staff who helped our little son heal. Several of the nurses expressed how scary the situation had been even for them, and we were reminded yet again of just how close we came to losing this little guy. How grateful we are that the week ended in such a wonderful way. We will forever be indebted to those selfless individuals who helped our Soren win his first major battle. Before we left, his doctor explained to me that he has come a long way, but the next few months are critical to his continued growth and recovery and restricted his exposure to public places for three months. He encouraged us to keep visitors (especially those with children) to a minimum. So, if the Lowry's seem a bit reclusive for the next little while, you'll know why.
These photos were the first we took at home - on his own changing table in his own room....exactly where he belongs.
Welcome home Baby Soren. We are so grateful you have come!
3 comments:
I love you! You are the best parent. I have been knitting little baby hats lately. I didn't realize your little gift was to be born so soon or I would have sent you one. Will you E me your address, I want to send you one of my creations. Hugs, K
Yes. You have a very wonderful easter basket! I wish I was there when Abby and Issac saw him for the first time. They are both so cute and funny. Soren is going to love playing with them!
Congratulations, Lowry's!! Little Soren is just beautiful. I can't believe all that you have been through in just the first week of his life, but I am so happy that he is home and safe with his family. I bet Isaac and Abby just adore him. Hopefully we'll be able to meet him one day. Congrats again!
Post a Comment