A few weeks ago I was talking sports with my kiddos. Soccer came up and I told them it was high time we bought them their very first soccer ball. Isaac and Abby both looked at me with knowing looks and said, "Duh Mommy, we already have a soccer ball!" Surprised, I asked them where this ball was (knowing full well that the
Lowry's have never owned such a ball). Isaac answered, "Mommy, it's in Daddy's office!" I asked them what it looked like and Abby replied, "It's orange with black stripes." Isaac knowingly added, "Yeah, and you throw it through a hoop!"
Me: "Uh, are you sure you're talking about a SOCCER ball?"
Kids: "Yeah! We LOVE playing soccer at the church with the orange balls and the hoops!"
I decided it was time to enlist a little help.

Abby and Isaac joined their first soccer teams this spring with some of their favorite school buddies. I made it to one of their games before
Soren came around...but Ben has proven to be quite the soccer dad.

We use the term "games" quite loosely in this league. No goalies, no score - just a bunch of happy kids running around and kicking a ball (hopefully in the right direction).

As evidenced in these photos - Isaac spends a lot of time on the field dancing and sucking his thumb.

Abby is learning to be a bit
aggressive on the field! Way to go Abs!

Cute little buddies.

Heil! We love SOCCER!
1 comment:
They might not know how to play, but they sure look like pros. Those uniforms are great.
Post a Comment