Here I am with the first egg. Notice the look of skepticism on my face, Abby saying, "You're not going to let him HOLD it, are you mommy?" I did. I handed him the egg and was just about to ask him what color he wanted when...
Monday, March 17, 2008
Dye Them Eggs!
For those of you who know my son Isaac, it may seem foolish when I tell you what we had planned for family night tonight. Yes, yes, I know what you're thinking...who in their right minds would ever THINK of allowing that child anywhere NEAR a half dozen cups filled with egg dye and a basket full of hard-boiled eggs? I'll admit, the thought did cross my mind, but Easter is approaching and who am I to let a little pint-sized toddler zeal put a damper on a wonderful tradition? Forward we went with our plans.
Here I am with the first egg. Notice the look of skepticism on my face, Abby saying, "You're not going to let him HOLD it, are you mommy?" I did. I handed him the egg and was just about to ask him what color he wanted when...
Splat. Our lesson on egg dying quickly turned into a lesson on gravity.

But after that, we really did have a good time. I held Isaac at arms length away from all dye and egg products and he was an eager little participant. He oohed and aahhed each time a white egg came out a different color.
Abby was a little more controlled around the eggs.
Daddy helped apply the stickers.
And I attacked that little egg dropper like crazy. Even if he is a twerp most of the time - I still can't resist kissing those soft, chubby cheeks every chance I get.
All in all, it was a great family night. And now we have a half-dozen beautifuly decorated eggs in our fridge that nobody will ever eat. What a fun way to celebrate!


Here I am with the first egg. Notice the look of skepticism on my face, Abby saying, "You're not going to let him HOLD it, are you mommy?" I did. I handed him the egg and was just about to ask him what color he wanted when...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you are a brave little sporty spice aren't you!
Post a Comment