Thursday, March 27, 2008

True Friends

On Tuesday, Aurelie asked me if I would mind watching her little boy while she ran to the grocery store to pick up a few items for dinner. "No problem, we love to play with little Stuart!" was my reply.

I may not ever say that again. I thought Aurelie and I had a deal that we do favors for each other without thought of repayment. Apparently not. She returned home from the grocery store with this ENORMOUS stuffed rabbit, bigger than both of my kids, and an even bigger (slightly demented) grin on her face and said, "Thank you so much for babysitting. I hear you really like it when your friends give you bunnies, so here you go..." and left that thing sitting on our couch.

Of course, Abby and Isaac are obsessed with the bunny and can't stand the idea of returning it. Ben, on the other hand - received no warning of said bunny and had quite the scare when he came home from work and walked in the front door to see an erie, long eared figure sitting quietly on the couch in the dark.

Thank you friends, but we are quite satisfied with our current bunny collection. Mint chocolate brownies and Diet Coke, on the other hand, are always welcome...

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That's my sister! Always so generous! I wonder how long it will take before you can make that bunny disappear.