Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Festivities

Abby woke up early this morning to discover that the Easter Bunny had already arrived! Ben, Isaac, and I slept in until about 8:30 - only to wake to the soft sounds of packages opening and toys being played with by Abby, alone in the living room enjoying the holiday by herself. We quickly jumped out of bed to join her.

Just like Santa, the Easter Bunny somehow knew just what to put in Isaac's basket - "Car-Cars", "Nandy", and "Craka's" (Crackers). He was thrilled. After church, we got up close and personal with the Easter Bunny. Abby and Isaac were eager to get "Jezzy" out to play and celebrate Easter. I was personally delighted to learn that she is a very nice, soft little bunny who seems to enjoy being stroked and coddled by two eager toddlers. Abby is entranced. She could stare at her all day long - just can't get enough of her new little friend. I think I understand how she feels.
Isaac was eager to share his apple - and is learning how to show his affection without hitting.
"Soft, soft hands, IZ."


We let Jezzy hop around on the grass for a few minutes and then let her join Hoppy back home in the cage (I don't dare to get them both out at the same time quite yet.) Then the kids played in the beautiful sunshine in their new Easter outfits. (Don't worry, Abby didn't wear those year old, stinky, dirty old sandals to church. They are just more conducive to tramp jumping than her pretty white Easter shoes - or so she says.)



Happy Easter everyone!

No comments: