Sunday, March 2, 2008

YUCK!!!!

So, the "experts" say that identifying when your diaper needs changing is an indicator of potty training readiness. If so, then last week's experience proves that Isaac is indeed ready to begin his work on the ever beloved white throne. Right after breakfast, I was busily cleaning up when Isaac came up to me and said, "YUCK!", pointing to his diaper. I told him I'd change his diaper as soon as I was done with the dishes.

He walked away for a few minutes and then returned to say, "YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!" with a little more frustration. I told him I was almost ready to change his diaper and continued with the dishes.

Isaac toddled off to his room and a few minutes later I hear, "YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!" from his bedroom. Finally, I gave in and went into his room. He had dug a diaper out of his diaper bag, laid down on the floor, and placed the new diaper in the proper location.

What a good little helper. (And, by the way, "YUCK" doesn't even begin to describe the little treasure I found in his diaper. Potty training is sounding better and better every day.)

2 comments:

YbsisKaren said...

Hey girlfriend, it must be the thing to do lately.. Remember Angie Fowler Smith (Mrs. Doug)(http://angiesmith.blogspot.com/) they are going thru the same thing with their son... Good luck.

Handley Family said...

That is so funny! Isaac is totally ready for potty training. I'll send Tate over and you can kill two birds with one stone, okay? The other day when I went to get Tate from his crib in the morning, he pointed to his diaper and said "Poo. Poo." And he wasn't kidding either. Although he wasn't as anxious to get a new diaper as Isaac was. He was fine with sitting in it for a while.