Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ahhhhh, Summer.

Although I love the rain we've been having lately - it sure is nice to have summer finally here! We spent the day outdoors - beginning with a nice long run around the neighborhood - ending at the good old Home Depot where I piled up the jogger stroller with flowers and herbs to plant in our garden. But I'm getting ahead of myself here...then our friends came over with a swarming bag of 1800 ladybugs to release!!! We had a squirming, worming, creeping, crawling good time playing with those cute little bugs!





After the excitement of the bugs wore off, we donned the swimming suits, filled the pools and splashed the afternoon away.



Boy that water was cold!




Abby says, "Today Abby went down the slide and into the pool!" (She typed that herself...it took 30 minutes. Yay for patience!)


And we finished the afternoon by planting and watering our little herb garden in the front yard. I love it! I could sit out there for hours just watching it grow. Does anybody need any rosemary? It's the only plant that survived from last year and I have it hanging all over my house to dry...seriously like a 5 year supply - come and get it! PLEASE!

No comments: