Rain.
Rain.
It rains early in the morning. It rains in the afternoon. The thunder booms all through the night.
Every day, it rains... and rains...and then rains some more.
I LOVE IT!Yesterday afternoon Abby and I spent nearly an hour sitting on our front porch watching the rain fall in sheets. Cuddling up together under a blanket and squealing with each crack of lightning, feeling the thunder shake the trees and feeling the rain as it poured down on our toes.
Today the rain let up a bit, so we decided to take a quick family hike up the canyon. Wow, it is beautiful up there. The rain has worked its magic on our desert valley! Everything is thick and green and flowering and lush. Isaac was so excited to get out that he just kept running and running and running. (Who would've known the kid has strep throat!)

Abby was equally excited to get out and enjoy the great outdoors.
As we were sitting on this rock near the stream, we saw the dark clouds rushing in, heard the first crack of thunder and knew we'd better get moving.
Each with a kid in tow, we ran back down the trail - only to be greeted by gusts of wind, pouring rain and booming thunder. We laughed and twirled and squealed with delight as we high-tailed it back to our car. By the time we reached the trail head, we were soaked to the core. (I know, I know, not the greatest parenting for a kid who is sick with strep, but we sure had fun!)
We drove home, changed our clothes and as I was combing Abby's hair, we realized we were all wet enough to do some curlers. Even Daddy was attacked. 
It sure doesn't feel like summer - wearing our winter jammies at night, have yet to turn on the AC, no Popsicles or sunburns yet...but I'm not complaining!


No comments:
Post a Comment